Om namah shivaye is the panchakshari mantra of Shiva from the Rig Veda and can be used for attainment of moksha, intellect, abundance and all round bliss.
In this article we will talk about the wonderful benefits of the mantra and link you to a beautiful rendition / chant of “Om namaha Shivaye” later which you can listen, to receive the benefits of the great mantra.
Regarding the Mantra “Om Namah Shivaye”
The mantra “Om Namah Shivaye” is the panchakshari Shiva mantra which will help to de-stress your mind and body along with showering your life with eternal bliss, peace, happiness and fulfillment of all your desires.
This powerful Shiva mantra – Om Namaha Shivaye – will also help you conquer any malefic effects of planet and any doshas in your horoscope effortlessly once you begin doing japa ( chanting ) on the mantra.
For doing Japa on Om Namaha Shivaye – you can use the Rudraksh mala ( if you have one ) or otherwise count with your fingers – to achieve more or less the same effects.
Start by chanting the mantra “Om Namah Shivaye” 108 times daily to reap in the wonderful effects and the blessings of Lord Shiva in your life.
Procedure of chanting the Shiva Mantra – Om Namaha Shivaye
There is no strict procedure in chanting the mantra “Om Namaha Shivaye”. Do it as you please. Take a comfortable position and start chanting the Shiva mantra.
This being said, its best to do the japa on this mantra for a continuous period of 40 days to receive the best benefits.
Mantra siddhi on this Shiva mantra is said to come with 125,000 repetitions of the mantra ie. equivalent to about 1250 rounds of a rosary.
Meaning of the mantra – Om Namah Shivaye
Om Namah Shivaye can be said to be – a salutation to the great compassionate and all merciful Śhiva”.
Lets break up the panchaksari mantra “Om Namah Shivaye” and see its complete meaning.
- Om – The eternal sound vibration of the Universe – Om is the sound of the Brahman itself.
- Namah – The word “namah” translates to bowing down, paying homage, in adoration and in reverence to the great lord.
- Shivaya – The name of Lord Shiva, the purest one – the highest reality (within and outside of us) – who is always in meditation and beyond all the three gunas – Rajas, Tamas and Sattwa.
The mantra of Om Namah Shivaya is a Panchakshara Mantra ie. it has 5 syllables (Panch denotes five) – na-mah-shi-va-ya. These 5 syllables can be said to denote the five elements of creation – ie. earth, water, fire, air, and space.
Thus, it can be said that the mantra “Om Namah Shivaya mantra” helps the mind go inwards from outwards awareness – ie. in the reverse order from manifestation back to the source from which all the manifestation started in the first place.
You can put on the music video of Om Namaha Shivaye below – everyday and chant the mantra with it and do let me know how this goes with you in the comments section below.
Here is the Shiva Tandava Stotram and Mrityunjay Stotram Music Video and the Om Namah Shivaye Music Video for those of you who requested me to present these.
Mantra Chant Music and Video
Feel free to share your experience below regarding this beautiful chant of Shiva below to help others too.
Feel free to share this article with anyone.
Finally, all of you have a good day! Love, light and peace to all!
What people have searched for to land on this Page
om namah shivaya chant music video
om namah shivaya chanting
om namah shivaya chant
om namah shivaya audio chant
om namah shivaya gurave japa chant
Other Mantras and Articles on Spirituality
- How Trees Can Help You Heal Yourself ( Hidden Secrets of Nature )
- The Cosmic Law of Gratitude & Why Be Grateful ( Cosmic Laws )
- The Cosmic Law of Grace or Mercy ( Cosmic Laws )
- The Amazing Healing Powers of Copper ( Hidden Healing Secrets )
- Nowhere To Go But In ( Teachings of Osho ) A Spiritual eBook
- Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy ( Cosmic Laws and their Secrets )
- Number 8 in Numerology as a Lifepath Number ( Numerology Secrets )
- Number 9 in Numerology as a Lifepath Number ( Numerology Secrets )
- Durga Shaptasati Mantra To Remove Financial Worries, Debt and Poverty
- Botswana Agate Healing Crystal Benefits